With all of the rain in Los Angeles recently, I decided to write an article on rainy day date ideas! Who says the rain should stop you from having a good time on a date?
Rainy days are actually the perfect opportunity for couples to improve their romance while getting to know each other and cozying it up indoors.
Whether you’re looking for something more creative to do with your partner or simply struggling to come up with fun ideas, here are 10 date suggestions to help inspire you during a rainy day.
- Visit a Museum: Walking around a museum while looking at beautiful pieces of art can be both thought-provoking and insightful. However, visiting a memorial or Holocaust museum may set a depressing mood and end up disastrous — so be mindful about which museums to go to!
- Watch a Movie: Whether it’s watching a movie in the comfort of your own home or going out to a full-service theater, it’s a great excuse to cuddle next your significant other while staying dry during the rainy weather.
- Go to an Indoor Skating Rink: There’s a certain innocence to taking your date to an indoor roller-skating or ice skating rink. Not only is this activity, family-friendly, it is also fun and exhilarating for both beginners and advanced skaters.
- Go to an Arcade: Keep it light and revisit your childhood. Playing old school games such as pinball, Whack-a-Mole, or Pacman with your date is a fun way to get a little competitive while avoiding the weather outside.
- Go dessert hopping: One of the best ways to make your date grin with excitement is through their taste buds. Visiting delicious dessert spots in your area is a perfect plan for those with a sweet tooth. Just be sure no one has allergies!
- Get Lost in an Escape Room: This date activity is great for couples who like solving mysteries while enjoying some interactive game play. Since there are usually big groups involved, it’s also an interesting way to people-watch. Check out the most popular one in LA HERE
- Check out a comedy Show: Women love when their date can make them laugh. However, if you’re not so funny, bringing your date to a local stand-up or improve show can take some of that pressure off of you.
- Cook at Home: This is a less aggressive way to invite your date over — offering to whip up a romantic dinner at home to avoid going out in the rain. This is a good way to get to know your date while giving off a positive impression.
- Netflix and Chill: There’s really nothing like having a good old-fashioned hang out session at home with some wine and Netflix. If all else fails, put on something entertaining and chill.